Dr. Costin Marinescu received his training in medical dentistry in Europe, New York and Los Angeles with a primary focus in Advanced Restorative Dentistry.
He is a past faculty member of UCLA School of Dentistry and current Mentor in the oclussion courses taught at Spear Institute in Scottsdale, Arizona.
His work addresses comprehensive restorative treatments that involve interdisciplinary approaches.
He is member of the American Equilibration Society and American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and he is actively involved in research and post-graduate education.
He has published articles internationally on subject of Occlusion and Aesthetic Dentistry.
- Practiced the specialty of Periodontics in the Portland Metropolitan area since 1993
- A board certified diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- A board certified diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Has over twenty years of experience in the surgical placement of dental implants and bone reconstruction
- A previous faculty member at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Currently a part time faculty member for the Department of Periodontology at the Oregon Health Sciences University. He was previously the head of the departmental dental implant program. He was also the director for the departmental research program which was focused on research related to implantology
- Completed his Ph.D. in 1993 involving research centered on techniques to improve surgical wound healing
- Completed a residency in Periodontics in 1992 at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX
- Obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1988 at the University of Washington
- Is an esteemed national and international lecturer on implantology and periodontics. Lectures have been given to local, national and international audiences
- Has published over twenty manuscripts in professional journals and has written 3 book chapters
- In 2006 received the American Academy of Periodontology Earl Robinson Regeneration Award.